okay first things first . . . where did october go?!?!? now that we have that awkward moment of disbelief out of the way lets start celebrating the season of turkey, napping, and lots of family time :) the first of november marks a big change in our wardrobe . . . winter boots! we set a pretty strict rule for ourselves that snow footwear can not make an appearance prior to 11/1.
we also received a few requests from readers to suggest a few alternatives of winter snow boots that are not uggs. don't get us wrong, we <3 our uggs but a girl needs options. right?!?! so take a look at the style board we put together for your viewing pleasure. hope you find a few options that peak your interest. we also outlined a few of our winter boot rules. so take a look!
xo. cake & valley
shortie boots: bows/ maroon wedge/ red laces/ hidden wedge
- winter boots can not be worn before november first and must be put away by st. patrick's day.
- winter boots can not be worn to any sort of social gathering.
- winter boots are acceptable for all outdoor sporting events, walking your dog, going to and from the gym, and running one or two quick errand.
- winter boots can be worn at all times when snow has been consistently present for more then ten days and/or there is more then a foot & a half of it on the ground. lets hope we don't have to put this rule into practice often.
- winter boots can be worn when commuting to & from work, but never worn in a professional setting.
- lastly, rules are meant to be broken!